Black Bean Burger with Avocado Mash
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chilling Time: 10 minutes
Rice Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1/8 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup water
- 15oz black beans (1 can), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 single serves of Good Foods Avocado Mash (2oz packages)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine flax and water in a small bowl to create a binder. Stir and set aside.
- Add 3/4 of black beans to a bowl and mash using a fork. Add remaining whole black beans.
- Place cashews in a food processor and pulse until breadcrumb size (not a powder). Add to beans.
- Add brown rice, onions, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper to beans. Mix well.
- Take about a 1/2 cup of the mixture and shape into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add patties and cook about 5 minutes, turning to cook another five minutes.
- Top each patty with one package of Avocado Mash and your favorite burger fixings. Enjoy!