Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Servings: 5-6 patties
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (14-15oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg or flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 Tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp chickpea or regular flour
- 1 Tbsp vegan or regular barbecue sauce
- Saute onion and bell pepper over medium heat.
- Add the sauteed vegetables to a food processor with remaining ingredients.
- Optional: Add 1/2 tsp of each of these seasonings: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan or light the grill, form patties and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve on a bun with Good Foods Chunky Guacamole, mixed greens and your favorite burger toppings. Enjoy!