Broccoli Queso Rice Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, rinsed and chopped
- ½ tsp flour
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz pkg Good Foods Queso dip, divided
- 2 cups broccoli, finely chopped and steamed
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a 1 ½ qt. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and stir to combine. Sauté until mushrooms are tender, approximately 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook about 1 minute to take away raw flour taste. Whisk in milk and continue whisking until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Add 2 Tbsp Good Foods Queso dip and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, rice and remainder of Good Foods queso package. Add sautéed veggies and stir to combine. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve warm.