Cheesy Jackfruit Flautas
These delicious flautas made by @neuroticmommy are the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 6′ flour tortillas
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 20oz can of Jackfruit
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream (plus extra to top)
- 1 – 1/2 vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Good Foods Southwest Guacamole
- Cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly spray a baking dish (no bigger than 9×13, depending on how many you make) with non stick cooking spray.
- Drain the jackfruit and break it apart.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil, diced onion and minced garlic to a medium sized skillet and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add in the jackfruit and cook for 5 or so minutes or until it’s heated through then add your sour cream. Mix that thoroughly together, let that get heated through for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add shredded cheddar cheese and mix it well so the cheese melts from the heat.
- Lay a tortilla flat and fill it with a couple of tablespoons of the cheesy jackfruit mixture. Roll it up nice and tight and place it in the baking dish. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and crispy on the edges.
- When done, remove from oven and top with vegan sour cream and Southwest Guacamole. Don’t forget to sprinkle on some cilantro and a little squeeze of lime – Enjoy!