Chicken Tinga Tacos
Servings: 8 tacos
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Good Foods Avocado Salsa
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
Items for Assembly:
- 8 tortillas (flour or corn will work)
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Queso Fresco or Cotija Cheese, crumbled
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for about 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Stir in chipotle peppers, and season with salt. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and Good Foods Avocado Salsa. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked and shredded chicken, stirring to combine, and cook for five minutes.
- To assemble, top the tortillas with chicken and garnish with red onion, cheese and cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge for squeezing.