Cilantro Chicken Street Tacos
2020 Share The Love Winner:
Creator: Sandi Sheppard
Category: Plant Based Dips
From the Creator’s Perspective:
Here’s a small, hand-held treat full of delectable umami flavors that won’t disappoint! It’s easy to Share The Love with my CHICKEN-CILANTRO FAJITA SALAD STREET TACOS! Chicken breasts are seasoned with a Fajita seasoning blend, then braised in a Mojo marinade, sliced and mixed with onions and bell peppers and jalapeño that were sautéed in a balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic and lime mix. The Cilantro-forward flavor of the Chicken Fajita mix itself comes from dressing it with Good Foods Plant Based Cilantro Dip mixed with Mexican Crema and red cayenne pepper. The chilled filling goes into slightly charred Street Taco mini flour tortillas, each fitted with a crunchy tortilla chip and drizzled with a hot and spicy Taco-Sriracha sauce blend and also more Good Foods Plant Based Cilantro Dip. Serve with a side of candied jalapeños and fresh cilantro and let the flavors mesmerize your tastebuds!
Chicken-Cilantro Fajita Salad:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Mojo all purpose marinade
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning blend, divided use
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 large sweet yellow onion, sliced and rough chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and rough chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and rough chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Cilantro Fajita Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Good Foods Plant Based Cilantro Dip
- 2 tablespoons Mexican Crema
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 12 street taco flour tortillas
- 12 whole Restaurant style tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup smooth Taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For the chicken, place into a baking dish, season with half of the Fajita seasoning blend, add small pats of butter on top of each and pour the marinadeinto the dish. Bake for 30 minutes, baste with the marinade, continue baking for another 15 minutes. Remove, cool and cut into short strips and add toa bowl.
For the veggies, whisk the oil, 3 tablespoons vinegar, garlic, 1/2 tablespoon lime juice and remaining fajita seasoning into a heavy skillet with theonions, and peppers on medium heat and cook for 10 minutes, or until liquid cooks out. Add to the chicken.
Meanwhile, for the Cilantro Fajita Dressing, mix all ingredients and mix with the cooled chicken and veggies.
Char the tortillas over an open flame on your range or broil. Hang to shape.
To assemble, fill each tortilla with 1 tortilla chip and an equal amount of Chicken-Cilantro Fajita Salad. Mix the taco sauce and Sriracha together, put intoa squeeze bottle and drizzle over the tacos and funnel remaining Cilantro dip into another squeeze bottle and drizzle with that. Serve with candiedjalapeños and fresh cilantro and enjoy! Makes approximately 12 Street Tacos.