Mini Vegan Taco Bites
Looking for a delicious game day snack? Try these mini vegan taco bites our friend @naturallyzuzu made for us using Good Foods Guacamoles and Queso Style Dip! Feel free to customize your recipe and add your favorite vegan or traditional meat!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of vegan minced meat. You can also use cooked brown lentils.
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, water drained
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp of Good Foods Queso Style Dip
- 1 or 2 tubs of Good Foods Chunky Guacamole or Spicy Guacamole for serving.
- Green onions for garnish
- 6 flour tortillas
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheddar cheese.
- Use a 3 inch cookie cutter to cut out 4 taco shells from each tortilla. Warm the tortillas for 10 to 20 seconds, covered, in a microwave, or wrap in foil and heat in a warm oven until pliable.
- Spray or brush the mini muffin tin pan with oil. Then put tortillas into openings of a muffin tin. Repeat with a second mini muffin tin or repeat after cooking first batch of mini taco shells, for a total of 24.
- Spray or brush the tortillas with oil and bake for 10 min until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a large cast iron pan heat 2 tbsp of oil over a medium high heat.
- Add the diced onions and sauté until transparent, then add the vegan minced meat and cook for 10 min by stirring it constantly.
- Then add the garlic, jalapeño, bell peppers, tomatoes, corn and black beans.
- Continue cooking for 8 min over a medium heat.
- Add the seasoning, 3 tbsp of Good Foods Queso Style Dip and salt to taste. Simmer for 5 min. Set aside.
- Add a heaping spoonful of taco mixture to each tortilla shell.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese then bake again for 10 min or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve the mini taco bites with Good Foods Guacamole and enjoy!
Check out more of Zuliya’s recipe here!