The Ultimate Queso Chicken Sandwich
Check out this saucy and savory queso chicken sandwich our friend @mypaleoishlife made for us! Smothered in Good Foods Spicy Queso Blanco and Chunky Guacamole for ALL the flavor! Be sure to give it a try!
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 sesame seed buns
- 1 pack provolone cheese slices
- Good Foods Chunky Guacamole
- Good Foods Spicy Queso Blanco Dip
- romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 vine ripened tomato
- diamond kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- Mix up the spice mix ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and butterfly if thicker. Pound out so that all of the chicken pieces are a similar thickness. Soften the 2 tbsp of butter and rub over each side of the chicken. Sprinkle with a nice layer of salt and the blackening spice mix on each side. Prep your buns by slicing them in half then brushing with some of the melted butter.
- Turn your grill on to 500 degrees. Grill for 3-4 minutes on the first side then flip and top with the provolone cheese slices so that it covers the whole chicken surface. Cover and grill for another 3-4 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and chicken is cooked to 165 degrees. Remove from the grill then add on the buttered buns and let that toast up for 1-2 minutes until they get some grill marks and are a little bit toasty. Remove from the grill.
- Let’s plate this baby up. Grab your bottom bun and spread with a nice layer of the Good Foods Chunky Guacamole. Top with some of the shredded romaine lettuce, thinly sliced tomato, then the chicken breast. Top with a few spoonfuls of the Good Foods Spicy Queso Blanco dip, pickles, and some onion strings. Spread some guacamole on the top bun and then it’s time to eat!
Check out more of Dave’s recipe here!