Veggie BLT with Avocado & Carrot Bacon
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes per batch of carrot bacon, so cook time depends on size of air fryer basket
- 1 large carrot
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 1 pkg Good Foods Avocado Mash
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- Wash carrot and peel lengthwise with a vegetable peeler to create long strips of thin carrot.
- Combine maple syrup, soy sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, liquid smoke and black pepper in a bowl. Add carrots and toss to combine, letting absorb liquid for about 5 minutes.
- Coat air fryer basket with non-stick spray. In a single layer, arrange carrots in air fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes or until crispy at 380°
- Assemble two sandwiches by using half of the remaining ingredients on each sandwich: spread one slice of toast with ½ package of Avocado Mash then top with tomato, lettuce, carrots and another slice of toast. Repeat with remaining ingredients for second sandwich.