Mini Barbacoa Beef Tostadas
Nothing says party like tostadas! Good Foods recipe for homemade Barbacoa Beef has taken all the leg work out of the preparation and included the use of an Instant Pot to speed this process up faster, allowing you more time to eat and enjoy. Using Good Foods Chunky Guacamole as a topper, you can’t go wrong with this full flavored appetizer for your upcoming Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef:
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast, cut into 2” chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
- ¾ cup beef stock
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Street taco (4.5”) size corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz. can refried beans, warmed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pico de gallo
- Good Foods Chunky Guacamole
- Sour cream or Mexican crema
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime, wedged
- Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef: Add olive oil to instant pot. Set to sauté mode. Add chuck roast and sear on all sides until brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Add onion, garlic, chipotles in adobo sauce, beef stock, apple cider vinegar, lime, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper to the beef and stir to combine. Set to meat mode (or 35 minutes on high). Once cooked, let naturally release. Then shred the beef.
- While the beef is cooking, preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with olive oil. Place tortillas on pan in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes (flipping half way) or until golden brown and sturdy.
- Remove tortillas from oven and sprinkle with salt. Cool for 5 minutes on the pan to continue to crisp up.
- Top tostadas with refried beans, shredded beef, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, Good Foods chunky guacamole, cream, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.