Pumpkin Beer & Pretzel Bites with Guacamole
- 13 oz Good Foods Chunky Guacamole
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 package active dry yeast (0.25 ounce)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 10 cups water
- ½ cup baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp coarse sea salt
- Add water, honey, and salt to large mixing bowl until dissolved.
- Sprinkle yeast on top of water mixture and let set for 7 minutes (until bubbly).
- Add butter and flour and stir until combined.
- Use dough hook on mixing bowl for 5 minutes to combine into a dough (or knead well).
- Cover bowl tightly with saran wrap and let rise for 1.5 hours.
- Once dough has risen, boil the 10 cups of water with baking soda.
- Next, divide dough into quarters. Roll out each quarter of dough into a 1” thick “rope.”
- Cut ‘ropes’ into ½” pieces. Place 10-15 pretzel pieces into boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Once pieces begin to float, carefully remove with a slotted spoon and place on baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Repeat with all pieces.
- Whisk egg with 1tbsp water. Brush egg wash onto pretzel pieces. Sprinkle with course sea salt.
- Bake at 450F for 12-15 minutes.
- Turn oven to high broil and broil pretzels until they begin to turn golden (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve with pumpkin beer and Good Foods guacamole for dipping.
- Perfect for celebrating, serve the pretzel bites on a platter with guacamole dipping.
- Shape the pretzels anyway you’d like! Rather than cutting into bites, form into jump pretzels before placing in boiling water.
- In addition to salt, top with sesame seeds and/or poppyseeds for additional flavor.