Southwest Chickpea & Cauliflower Tacos
It’s summertime, and what better go-to dish is there than to assemble your own taco while using Good Foods Queso Style Dip to punch up the flavor. This recipe is courtesy of our friend @naturallyzuzu, who created Southwest Chickpea & Cauliflower Tacos, transforming tacos into the perfect vehicle for getting all your veggies in with one bite.
Servings: Makes 8-10 Tacos
- 2 tbs of cooking oil
- 1 med red onion, chopped
- 2 cans 14-oz. chickpeas, water drained
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of canned corn, drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp of @goodfoods queso style dip or more to taste
- 8-10 Flour or corn tortillas
- 1-2 lime for serving
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add chopped onions and sauté for 3 min until onions are translucent.
- Add the drained drained chickpeas both cans and cauliflower florets.
- Sauté for 5 min over a medium heat.
- Add the spices, add half of chopped jalapeños, corn and 2 tablespoons of queso.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, warm up the tortillas.
- Remove the sauté pan from the heat
- Taste the chickpeas and cauliflower and adjust the spices to your liking.
- Assemble tacos – top your tacos with more jalapeños if desired and @goodfoods Southwest Style guacamole.