Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Pretzles
Servings: 6 pretzels
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Chill Time: Overnight
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 8oz package Good Foods Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Dip
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup wheat beer
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 1 egg + 1 Tbsp water combined to make egg wash
- Course sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450°. Prepare baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine water, brown sugar and yeast in bowl. Stir to combine and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, butter and salt in bowl of mixer. Use pastry blender to mash butter into flour. Use hands if needed to smooth out any clumps.
- Add yeast to flour mixture and with dough hook, kneading until dough is smooth and not sticking to the side of the bowl, about 3-5 minutes.
- Cover dough and refrigerate 8-12 hours or overnight.
- Place dough on floured surface. Roll into an 11×17 rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut into long 2” rows.
- Spread about 1 tablespoons Spinach and Artichoke dip along the length of each piece. Starting with the opposite side, roll the dough up into a log, enclosing the toppings inside. Pinch the seams together and then very gently roll the dough with your hands to form an even cylinder and fully enclose the filling.
- To shape into pretzels, take the two ends and make a U shape. Then cross the ends, and cross the ends again. Flip ends down and press ends into the base of the U shape to create a pretzel.
- Add beer to boiling water, then slowly add baking soda and reduce to a simmer. Poach the pretzels for 30 seconds one or two at a time by gently placing pretzel into simmering water. Remove with a large slotted spatula or a spider and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Brush pretzels with egg wash and generously sprinkle with salt.
- On a rack in the upper 1/3 of oven, bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with remaining Spinach Artichoke dip.