Sweet & Spicy Scalloped Potatoes
Serves: 6 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hr. 10 mins
- 3 lbs. mixture of sweet and regular potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened soy or cashew milk
- 1 container of Good Foods Queso dip
- 1/2 container of Good Goods Buffalo dip
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Cut your potatoes thinly and evenly using a knife or mandolin slicer.
- Make the cheesy mixture: In a pan on low to medium heat, sauté vegan butter and garlic before adding in flour. Afterward, toss in 1 container of queso dip and 1/2 container buffalo dip, unsweetened soy milk, cinnamon, ground nutmeg and rosemary. Leave to a soft boil and let it cool.
- Layer the thinly sliced rounds of potatoes in a pan. Add in your creamy cheesy mixture and cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole at 400F for 30 minutes. To get that golden-brown top, take off the foil after the first bake and broil for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top it off with chopped fresh rosemary and then serve.