Instant Pot Beef Barley Stew
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 whole carrots, peeled and cut diagonally in 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups unsalted beef broth
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1/2 cup Good Foods Avocado Pesto, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked medium pearled barley
- Fresh oregano
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and set to Sauté. Add onion and carrots and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add beef, garlic, salt and pepper to Instant Pot and sauté for 3-4 minutes, turning meat half-way through.
- Add wine, beef broth, tomatoes and pesto. Place lid on Instant Pot and set to Meat/Stew.
- Quick release once finished cooking. Add barley and stir to combine. Place lid back on Instant Pot and set to Rice.
- Once finished cooking, quick release, remove lid and shut off Instant Pot.
- Serve hot with a dollop of Good Foods Avocado Pesto and fresh oregano.