Loaded Dill Pickle Vegan Potato Skins
These loaded potato skins are the perfect vegan appetizer for game day! Thank you to our friend @theallnaturalvegan for this delish recipe!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 19 minutes
● 1 russet potatoes
● 1 container of Good Foods Dill Pickle Chip Dip
● Vegan mozzarella cheese
● Tempeh bacon bits – smoked paprika, maple syrup, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt. Using a fork, pierce the potatoes a few times to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Place the potatoes directly on a baking sheet and bake potatoes for about 45-60 minutes, or until they are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Slice the baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the inside of the potato halves, leaving a thin layer of potato flesh attached to the skin. Reserve the scooped-out potato for another use, such as mashed potatoes.
- Assemble the Potato Skins. Fill each of the potato skin with a generous dollop of the Good Foods Dill Pickle Chip Dip and a sprinkle of vegan cheese. Place the filled potato skins back in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the edges of the cooked potatoes are golden brown.
- While the potato skins are baking, cut the tempeh into thin slices. In a bowl, combine the tempeh slices with smoked paprika, maple syrup, soy sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix until completely coated. Place the tempeh onto a baking sheet and place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until firm. Remove the tempeh from the oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- Remove the potato skins from the oven and let them cool slightly. Garnish with fresh chives and a generous sprinkle of tempeh bacon bits.